The photographic section is something that is always well subscribed at the show. So why not give your photos an extra punch with a mount?
The images must be unframed (as they get blu-tacked to the wall) but mounting is fine. A mount can even be made from a larger piece of black card or paper. Even presenting your photo “stuck” to a piece of card can add a bit of impact to an image. Just remember that the photo – including mount – can’t be any larger than the maximum size allowed in the rules. That’s currently 10×8 inches but we’re thinking of making it A4 (210x297mm or 8-and-a-bit by 11-and-a-bit inches).
Mounting images is quite easy and can be done relatively cheaply. The art shop in Northwich sells mountboard and you can get the other bits and pieces online. Here’s a tutorial for making your own photo mounts: Link
As a reminder, the photographic themes for the 2015 show are:
In The Woods
A Toy Story
A Photo Montage
An infra-red view of the fields on the outskirts of Weaverham.
The Weaverham Trust works to ensure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of features of historic and public interest within the Weaverham village.
To achieve this objective the Trust:
• Informs the public of the geography, history, natural history and architecture of the Weaverham area.
• Promotes high standards of planning and architecture within the Parish, acting as a coordinating body between local authorities, voluntary organisations, charities and persons having aims similar to those of the Trust.
Last year we introduced a new Weaverham Trust category to the annual Village Show and the entries supplied by the children were great. We would like to continue with the new Trust category this year.
The entries for the Weaverham Trust category (L16) in 2014 should depict:
“My Favourite Insect or Bird”
To celebrate the children’s efforts we will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning rosettes. The Trust will also include some of the best entries in the quarterly Weaverham News.
The entry criteria are as follows:
• Pictures must fit within the black frame on the proforma supplied (this year we are providing an electronic copy to help ensure good reproduction. Download this here.).
• Pictures must be black and white.
• All entries must be submitted on the form supplied.
• There is no limit on the number of entries your school can submit.
Pupil entries should be handed to the Village Show representative who will collect all school Show entries during the first 2 weeks of July 2014. Other junior entries in this class can enter on the day before the show (more info here)
The show will be held in the Community Centre on Saturday 2nd August 2014 and full show details will be included in the May/June edition of the Weaverham News. However if, in the meantime, you have any queries, please contact the show committee here.
The Trust would like to thank you for your support of this venture.