1. Exhibitors must be residents of the parishes of Weaverham or Acton Bridge. If you’re not sure whether you’re in the respective parishes, you can check on the interactive map on the council website here.
2. Junior classes are open to any child up to and including the age of 16 years, either resident in Weaverham or Acton Bridge or attending a Weaverham school.
3. All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor. All exhibits must be amateur.
4. Any item that has won any prize in a previous Weaverham & Acton Bridge Show may not be re-entered.
5. Exhibits in sections A, B & C must be the property of the exhibitor for three months prior to the date of the show.
6. Exhibits to be staged between 8.00am and 10.00am excluding art (see rule 9)
7. Exhibitors to use their own vases etc, but the Show Committee does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to exhibits howsoever incurred.
8. All quilts to be brought to the community centre on Friday night and to be complete with means for hanging.
9. All art exhibits must be anonymous, framed or block and any signature must be covered. Maximum size 36″ x 20″ including any frame. Must be complete with hooks & string to enable hanging. Please make sure art exhibits are at the community centre BEFORE 9.30am on the morning of the show.
10. Exhibitors must leave the hall before 10.45am
11. The decisions of the judges are final.
12. Exhibits to be removed after 4.30pm and before 5.30pm.
13. Classes C4 & C5 – only one submission per entrant.
14. All trophies to be held for one year only.
15. Photograph exhibits must be unframed, max size A4 including any mount.
16. Class E2 – Victoria Sponge Recipe: 2 large hens’ eggs and equal weights of other ingredients plus jam filling. No decoration.
17. Entry fee: 25p per adult entry, free for juniors. No limit to number of entries. Classes are open to all ages except where stated. Child’s age as on the show date.
No entry forms will be accepted on the day of the show.
The Awards presentation will take place at 4pm.
Trophy winners will receive certificates.
Rosettes and Place Cards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in each class.
Highly commended place cards may be awarded at the Judges’ discretion.