The Weaverham Trust works to ensure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of features of historic and public interest within the Weaverham village.
To achieve this objective the Trust:
• Informs the public of the geography, history, natural history and architecture of the Weaverham area.
• Promotes high standards of planning and architecture within the Parish, acting as a coordinating body between local authorities, voluntary organisations, charities and persons having aims similar to those of the Trust.
Last year we introduced a new Weaverham Trust category to the annual Village Show and the entries supplied by the children were great. We would like to continue with the new Trust category this year.
The entries for the Weaverham Trust category (L16) in 2014 should depict:
“My Favourite Insect or Bird”
To celebrate the children’s efforts we will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning rosettes. The Trust will also include some of the best entries in the quarterly Weaverham News.
The entry criteria are as follows:
• Pictures must fit within the black frame on the proforma supplied (this year we are providing an electronic copy to help ensure good reproduction. Download this here.).
• Pictures must be black and white.
• All entries must be submitted on the form supplied.
• There is no limit on the number of entries your school can submit.
Pupil entries should be handed to the Village Show representative who will collect all school Show entries during the first 2 weeks of July 2014. Other junior entries in this class can enter on the day before the show (more info here)
The show will be held in the Community Centre on Saturday 2nd August 2014 and full show details will be included in the May/June edition of the Weaverham News. However if, in the meantime, you have any queries, please contact the show committee here.
The Trust would like to thank you for your support of this venture.